If you have tripped and suffered an injury through no fault of your own, you may be able to receive compensation from the person who caused your accident.

Have you tripped as a result of someone else’s carelessness? Get the justice you deserve

To receive compensation for your injury, you must work with a solicitor to conclusively prove that you have suffered losses as a result of someone else’s carelessness. You can do this by proving liability (fault) and proving your losses.

Proving liability

To succeed in recovering compensation for your accident, it will be necessary for you to establish the following:

  • That the person you are claiming against should have taken steps to protect you from harm
  • That the person responsible for your accident failed to protect you from harm
  • That this failure caused you to trip and suffer a personal injury

To prove the aforementioned facts, you will need to provide:

  • Witness statements
  • Documentary evidence, such as accident book entries, risk assessments and hospital records
  • Expert evidence, such as reports from independent medical specialists
  • Topographical evidence, such as rough sketches and photographs of place where you tripped and sustained your injuries

If you sustained serious injuries, you may not have had time to preserve the accident scene and gather evidence. You should therefore call Accident Advice Helpline and let our legal team collect evidence in support of your claim.

Proving the value of your claim

To recover the maximum possible compensation settlement from the person responsible for your accident, you must keep track of all of your losses.

To prove your losses, you will need to supply:

  • Receipts for all of the losses you have incurred
  • Wage slips showing any lost earnings you have encountered
  • Expert reports, such as care needs assessments

Negotiating your compensation settlement

If, following receiving your evidence, the guilty party decides to agree to pay out for your claim, your solicitor will enter into negotiations with the aim of settling your claim quickly and fairly. They will always attempt to resolve your claim out of court. However, if the guilty party refuses to provide you with a fair level of compensation, it may be necessary for you to take your claim to court. If court proceedings are necessary, your solicitor will discuss this with you and provide you with comprehensive legal advice and support should you choose to go ahead with your trial.

Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )