How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripped at work

    Tripped at work

    Trips at work are relatively common, and can occur in any type of workplace. The Health and Safety Executive recognises this, and requires all employers to take steps to remove, or minimise, trip hazards. If your employer ignores his or her responsibilities, and you are injured as a result, it is highly likely that you will have grounds to file a claim for compensation.

    I have tripped at work, do I have a case?

    If you have tripped at work and would like to determine your eligibility to compensation, please pick up the phone, call our number and discuss your accident with us. Our trained claims advisers will assess your case free of charge, provide you with advice on your legal rights, and let you decide whether you wish to instruct one of our personal injury solicitors to go ahead with your claim.

    Your accident must have been caused by someone else’s negligence and not be your own fault. You will need to have had medical attention for your injuries to support your claim.

    If you have a strong case for compensation, you must normally file your claim within three years of the date of your accident. If, however, you were under the age of 18 years at the time of your trip, you can make your claim any time up until your 21st birthday.

    Will I win my claim?

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have a strong track record of winning compensation claims for people who have tripped at work. When you contact us, we will look into the information you provide and offer you with honest advice on your chances of winning your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How much compensation will I receive?

    If you win your claim, the amount of compensation you receive will depend on a range of factors, including the nature and severity of your injury, the length of your recovery period and the amount of money you have lost as a consequence of your accident.

    At the outset of your claim, your solicitor may find it difficult to assess the value of your compensation settlement. However, as he learns more about you and your injury, he will be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate of the value of your claim. Whether you sustained a minor or severe injury when you tripped at work, you will be able to rest assured that your solicitor will do all they can to secure a large compensation settlement from your employer.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.