Trip on the road


Uneven road surfaces are a major hazard, posing a high risk of trips and falls. Such accidents could cause you to sustain a wide range of personal injuries, from mild facial lacerations to multiple broken bones.

If you have already suffered an injury in a nasty trip on the road, it may be possible for you to make a compensation claim against your local council. Generally, the roads around the UK are maintained by your local highways authority, which forms a part of your local council. They have a responsibility to ensure that the roads are maintained in a reasonable condition. This means that they must repair any defects within a reasonable period of time. If you can prove that they have failed in their legal and moral obligation to fix the roads, you may have grounds for a claim.

If you are considering making a claim, a trained claims adviser here at Accident Advice Helpline will be able to assess your case and determine your eligibility to compensation. If we advise you that legal action is necessary, we will evaluate each aspect of your claim with you and take steps to protect your rights. This may include investigating your case, collecting evidence, conferring with medical experts, researching similar personal injury cases, preparing and filing all the necessary paperwork, and negotiating with your local council – all with a view to obtaining the best possible outcome for your trip on the road.

Recoup all your losses – make a trip on the road claim

If you win your claim, the level of compensation you receive will depend on a range of factors, including the type and severity of the personal injuries you have sustained, the prognosis for your injuries and your age and state of health at the time of your accident.

Regardless of the type of injuries you have sustained, your legal team will be able to claim for two main types of damages: general damages, which will reflect the pain, discomfort and distress posed by your injuries, and special damages, which will reflect the financial losses incurred as a result of your accident. The money you receive from your claim can go towards helping you to rebuild your life and pay for all the out of pocket expenses you have incurred through no fault of your own.

Do not delay – make your claim today

If you require more information on trip on the road claims, please fill out our 30-second test or give us a call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )