How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Treharris legal team

    How to switch to a different doctor and use a legal team to make a claim against your current one

    If you feel that your doctor has acted poorly or negligently against you, making you feel uncomfortable or unhappy or even causing you further illness, you should consider moving to another doctor as soon as you can. It is not worth trying to stick with a doctor who does not have your best interests at heart, because it is your health at stake. You need to find a doctor who will work well with you to make you better more quickly. Here are some ways in which you can switch to another doctor quickly and easily and how to make a claim with a Treharris legal team:

    • Speak to your doctor. If there is no animosity between you and your doctor, and you just feel that you don’t work well together, you could always ask your doctor for the recommendation of another doctor. This could help you to find a good doctor that you trust, and with whom you are comfortable.
    • Look online. Check out the reviews and recommendations of surgeries in your area to find a doctor with whom you think you will be happier. You are looking for an overall good rating at the surgery, to be sure that you will have a good experience.
    • Call the surgery. You need to ask if you are able to switch, as some surgeries will not allow someone who already has a doctor to switch onto their service unless they have moved.
    • File a complaint. If there is animosity between you and your doctor, and you have reason for complaint, filing a complaint may help you to automatically switch off onto another doctor. Be specific with your complaint, and don’t simply complain for the sake of switching over as your surgery will see straight through this.

    Medical negligence claims with a Treharris legal team

    If you want to claim compensation against your current doctor, you can use a Treharris legal team to do so easily. Finding a good Treharris legal team means finding recommendations either online or through friends and family, and you should do this before you settle for a firm.

    If you can’t find a law firm with which you are comfortable, you could try Accident Advice Helpline instead. The helpline will work with you on your case to make it easy to make a claim, and has over 16 years’ experience so you know that you are in safe hands. Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your case and find out whether you have a good enough case for a claim, before moving on to process a claim through an experienced injury lawyer.

    Date Published: 17th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.