When it comes to treating a finger injury prevention is the best medicine
If you work with heavy operating machinery, vibrating machinery or sit at a desk clicking a mouse over and over and over again it’s important to take regular breaks. Over a period of time even minor repetitive actions can cause pain, inflammation and discomfort in joints. The reasons why some people develop Raynaud’s syndrome and not others are not fully understood. It’s universally accepted that operating vibrating machinery over a significant period of time can cause damage to the nerves and small blood vessels in the fingers. Little is known about this mysterious condition. The best way to minimise your chances of contracting this painful condition is to:
- Stop using vibrating equipment
- Hold vibrating equipment as loosely as possible
- Hold vibrating equipment in a variety of positions
- Use the right tool for the task
- Don’t hold the tool for longer than you need to
- Take regular breaks
- Keep warm
- Don’t smoke
Treating a finger injury – what’s best?
Treating a finger injury that has been caused by this phenomenon is no simple task. Sadly it’s down to managing to keep the symptoms at bay as best as possible and pain management of the symptoms.
- Don’t smoke: Chemicals in tobacco can cause the blood vessels to narrow. Stopping smoking can alleviate your symptoms.
- Cut out caffeine: Tea, coffee and cola can trigger symptoms in some people so try cutting out caffeine for a few weeks to see if this helps you.
- Regulate your temperature: Try to keep warm in cool weather or in cool environments. Wearing gloves is important and maintaining your entire body temperature can help with this.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer from Raynaud’s syndrome and believe that your working environment contributed to your condition, ring Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your situation. You could be entitled to make a personal injury claim and receive compensation for your pain and suffering. We have over 15 years of experience in assisting victims like yourself to secure the compensation you deserve. We only accept claims with no-win, no-fee* terms so there is no need to worry as you won’t have to pay us any money to get the ball rolling.
- Call 0800 689 0500 free from your landline
- Ring 0333 500 0993 from your mobile
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and one of our friendly and experienced claims advisors will ring you back.
Don’t suffer in silence. Let us help you to access the justice you are rightfully entitled to.
Category: Finger injury claim