How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Treating criminal injuries

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Treating criminal injuries

    Should you be treating criminal injuries?

    Suffering any type of injury can be upsetting but if you’ve been the victim of criminal injuries, you may be feeling deeply distressed and traumatised. Even witnessing a crime can be psychologically damaging and experiencing injuries as a result of criminal conduct can be even more harmful.

    If you’ve been hurt because of a criminal act, obtaining medical help or taking legal action may not be your first thought. Often, people simply want to return home or to be with their friends and family in order to feel safe.

    However, it’s absolutely essential that you seek medical help or you could be putting your life at risk. Even if you don’t think you’ve been badly hurt, you should access help so that you can start treating criminal injuries quickly.

    Taking legal action

    Although you don’t have to start a compensation claim straight away, you will need to have obtained medical assistance before you get your claim started. If you have copies of your medical records or prescriptions, you may want to pass them along to your personal injury lawyer as they could be used to support your claim.

    Of course, you may not want to make your claim whilst you’re still recovering from the incident and treating criminal injuries. Whilst this is understandable, it’s important not to wait too long as most claimants are only given 3 years to take legal action after they’ve been hurt.

    How can you prove you weren’t at fault?

    In order to successfully obtain compensation, you and your lawyer will need to show that you weren’t responsible for your injuries and that they were caused by someone else. If there were CCTV cameras covering the area in which the incident occurred, this might be relatively easy to prove.

    However, there’s no need to panic if you don’t have video footage of the incident. Your account, witness statements and police reports can also be used when you make your claim.

    Getting help from Accident Advice Helpline

    If you’ve suffered criminal injuries and you want to find out more about obtaining compensation, we can help you. We have over 15 years’ experience in the industry and our personal injury team will be able to provide the assistance you need during a difficult time.

    We can even provide you with free no-obligation advice so you can learn more about making a claim without committing to taking action. To access more information or to start your claim now, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.

    Category: Criminal injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.