How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Travel claim form

    Claiming back expenses due to your accident

    If you have been involved in a road traffic accident or other type of accident in the last three years, that has caused personal injuries, then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.

    Not only can you be compensated for any physical or emotional injuries but you are entitled to claim for any financial loses that have resulted from the accident.

    This may include:

    • Loss of earnings – keep wage slips as a form of proof, a letter from your employer confirming the time you have had to take off as a result of your injuries would also be helpful.
    • Prescription charges – keep all your receipts and a list of the medication you are on as a result of your accident
    • Travel expenses – you will need to complete a travel claim form, listing all travel that has arisen as a result of the accident and your personal injuries.

    You can also list additional financial loses, for example if you pay monthly gym membership but were unable to attend the gym due to your personal injuries and not able to cancel your membership then you maybe able to claim your monthly fee back.

    Filling out the travel claim form

    Your personal injuries solicitor will provide you with a travel claim form. On the travel claim form you need to list all journeys that you have made due to your personal injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For example you can list journeys to see your General Practitioner or the hospital. Physiotherapist appointments should also be listed on the travel claim form.

    You should keep a note of the date, time and location of the journey. Also if possible note down the distance from your home and the cost of the journey. This could be for a taxi or bus. If you or a friend were driving you can claim back the fuel cost. Where possible keep any proof i.e. receipts or tickets.

    Keeping a log will make it easier to fill out the travel claim form. Do not worry if you find this complicated, your personal injuries solicitor will assist you in filling out the travel claim form.

    How long will it take to recover your expenses?

    You may be thinking about how long it will take to recover your financial loses. Often the money will be part of the total compensation you are awarded. Your claim could take a few months to settle and is dependent on the severity of your injuries and complexity of your case.

    However if you feel you desperately need the cash for your out of pocket expenses then your solicitor may be able to negotiate an interim payment for your financial loses.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline or your appointed personal injuries solicitor to find out more on filling out the travel claim form and recovering other expenses. We will be happy to answer any questions or queries you may have. Remember Accident Advice Helpline is open all day, every day.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 9th December 2012

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.