How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Trafford law firm

    Building up physical fitness after an injury, and how to make a claim through a law firm

    If you have been involved in a serious accident and sustained injuries, it can take some time to recover and be able to move around freely again. Your doctor may require you to rest for some time after your injury to let it heal properly, and during this time you will lose some muscle tone, possibly gain weight, and feel generally less healthy. As soon as you have started to recover, it is important that you start getting active again so you recover more quickly. Here are some ways in which you can do this:

    • Start slow. Even if the most you can do in the weeks following your injury is walk down the stairs, do it. No matter how long it takes or how much it hurts, you must always be testing the boundaries of your body’s capabilities, so that you know when it is time to push a little further.
    • Get help. A physical therapist or personal trainer should be able to work with you on a professional level to ensure that you build up your level of physical fitness safely and easily. They can also be there to support and motivate you when you struggle.
    • Eat well. Just moving around isn’t enough to make you feel healthy again. If you can start to eat more healthily when you are on the road to recovery, you will feel healthier in yourself. If you feel healthier in yourself, you are in turn more likely to try harder with your exercise.
    • Plan a training regime. Even if your training regime consists of nothing more than a few very simple exercises, put one together and stick to it so that you can feel that you are making progress and trying hard.

    Do you need to find a Trafford law firm to help claim compensation for an accident that was not your fault?

    If your accident was caused by someone else, a Trafford law firm can help you to claim compensation against the person at fault. Through a Trafford law firm, you can get compensation which will help you to pay for medical bills and improve your financial situation whilst you are unable to work.

    If you cannot find a Trafford law firm with which you are happy, you may want to call Accident Advice Helpline instead. The helpline has over 14 years’ experience with personal injury claims, and will be able to team you with an experienced lawyer who can work with you to get the compensation you deserve. Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to find out more about the claims process and make a start on your personal injury compensation claim.

    Date Published: 17th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.