How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tonyrefail accident

    A guide to claiming compensation after your Tonyrefail accident

    There is an awful lot of useful information on the internet about claiming personal injury compensation after a Tonyrefail accident, or one that happened elsewhere in the UK. Here we have put together a basic guide so you won’t have to wade through too much of it!

    Can you claim?

    The first thing to do is check your eligibility to claim. The rule of thumb is that you can claim for any Tonyrefail accident that happened within the past three years, that was someone else’s fault. But to check your eligibility, please call and speak to one of our advisers on 0800 689 0500 or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, or enter your details into the compensation calculator tool on this website.

    What will your compensation cover?

    Your compensation payment will include compensation for whatever injury or illness you suffered as a result of your Tonyrefail accident, including psychological illnesses, and any financial costs or losses you had to endure as a result. You can claim money back for things like:

    • Lost earnings
    • Child care costs
    • Travel expenses
    • Private medical treatment or care
    • Money spent replacing personal items damaged in your accident
    • Money spent on holiday, trips or events that you were unable to attend because of your injury/ illness

    Make sure you keep any paperwork that proves your costs, such as receipts, payslips, bank statements and credit card statements.

    • Money received from a personal injury compensation claim is non taxable.

    How to claim with us at Accident Advice Helpline

    You will need to enlist the help of an injury lawyer to take your claim through all those legal hoops until it either ends up in a civil court or is settled in an out of court settlement – most personal injury claims are settled out of court, this keeps costs down for all parties involved.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • You are not missing out on money if your claim is settled before the court stage; sometimes the money you are offered may be more than the sum a judge would have decided on. The other advantages of settling is of course that you won’t have to attend a court hearing.

    You may be asked to attend a medical for an assessment of your injuries. This is nothing to worry about, in fact, it can be beneficial. The doctor you will see will most likely be a specialist and may be able to give you more information about your injuries than your GP, so if you are asked to attend a medical, make the most of it!

    If you do decide to go ahead and claim compensation for your Tonyrefail accident, using a lawyer who works under a no-win, no-fee agreement will mean that you aren’t putting yourself under any additional financial strain. You don’t have to pay any upfront costs,to get your claim started. The other advantage of the ‘no-win, no-fee’ system is that you will know that your solicitor is working his, or her, hardest to make sure that your claim is successful.

    For more information call us at Accident Advice Helpline now, on  0800 689 0500 or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: 13th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.