Tips for making a vehicle accident claim
- Find out what exactly a vehicle accident claim is and what it involves. A personal injury law firm like Accident Advice Helpline is in an ideal position to advise you on this. If you have been in a vehicle accident that was not your fault: call them. The friendly professional advisors are experts in this area. You can call whenever you need to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on freephone 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you start thinking about making a vehicle accident claim. That way you can get the right advice from the very start of the process. Don’t worry if the accident was a while ago because you have up to three years to claim for vehicle accidents.
- Take the simple and straightforward Accident Advice Helpline 30 second test to find out whether your claim for compensation is likely to be successful. This can be done on-line or over the telephone. If it indicates that you do have grounds to claim you do not have to go ahead if you don’t want to. The choice is always yours.
- At some point in the claim you will need to provide details of your injury and how it has affected your life. Tips for making a vehicle accident claim include keeping a record of some things. They can include:
- Details of the hospital/doctor visits that you have attended
- Details of the vehicle and accident in which you were injured
- Details of travelling expenses that you have incurred
- Details of extra costs e.g. childcare
- Details of wages that you have lost
Things not to do when making a vehicle accident claim
As well as tips for making a vehicle accident claim, here are a few tips for things you should not do.
- Don’t become stressed about up-front legal costs because you will not have to pay any! The national network of solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline work on a no win no fee* basis. The solicitors will not charge you anything at all if you do not win your case. If you win, the solicitor’s costs can be recovered from the losing side.
- Don’t get worked up about having to appear in court or have complicated meetings with a lawyer. Most claims are handled entirely over the telephone and it is very rare for a vehicle accident claim to actually require you to appear in court.
- Don’t have a very fixed idea about the exact amount of compensation that you will get from your vehicle accident claim. This cannot be guaranteed at the start. This is because every vehicle accident claim and claimant are different. For the same reason, some cases take longer than others to sort out.
- Don’t just pick the first personal injury law firm that you come across because you think they’re all the same. They are not! Choose one that has a good reputation for helping people like you. Accident Advice Helpline has been established for over a decade and are fully endorsed by consumer champion Esther Rantzen.
Date Published: 15th January 2013
Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims