How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Thurrock non fault claim

    Thurrock is a unitary authority area which also has borough status and is found within the ceremonial county of Essex, in the south east of England. The area is the southernmost of Essex’s 14 local governmental administrative entities and is considered to be located within the London Commuter Belt.

    The unitary authority area is situated on the northern bank of the River Thames just to the east of London itself and has over 18 miles (29 km) of riverfront. As well as bordering the rest of Essex to the north and west, Thurrock shares an eastern boundary with Greater London and lies on the opposite side of the Thames to Kent in the south.

    The Administrative History Of The Borough Of Thurrock

    The borough of Thurrock was officially created on the 1st April 1974 as a result of the 1972 Local Government Act, but unlike many entities which were created by the act this did not actually represent much of a departure from the previous situation. This is the case as the borough largely kept the same land area as the previous Thurrock Urban District, losing only a small parcel of land to the Basildon district.

    Thurrock became a unitary authority, gaining administrative independence from the county of Essex, some 24 years later in 1998. To this day, however, the borough of Thurrock remains ceremonially a part of the county for purposes such as Lord-Lieutenancy.

    The Size And Population Of Thurrock

    In the form it has taken since its creation in 1974, the borough of Thurrock has covered a total land area of around 63 square miles. According to the most recently available population data, that 63 square mile district is home to around 158,000 permanent residents.

    Open Claim Calculator

    That level of population means that the borough has a population density of over 2,500 people per square mile and this inexorably makes accidents and injuries more common within its boundaries. It is with this in mind, as a result, that we now turn our attention toward the issues surrounding making a Thurrock non fault claim.

    Making A Thurrock Non Fault Claim

    Under UK law, an individual is entitled to make a Thurrock non fault claim if and when they have suffered an injury in the Essex borough and it was demonstrably someone else who was to blame. Thurrock non fault claim proceedings are after all, the way by which these victims can seek the personal injury compensation that they may deserve.

    If you wish to learn more or want the very best expert advice, guidance or assistance with a claim, then the best thing you can do is to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. You can do so 24 hours a day and seven days a week by calling either 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 25th November 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.