How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    The symptoms of criminal injuries

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    The symptoms of criminal injuries

    Are you suffering with the symptoms of criminal injuries?

    Although any type of injury can cause pain and suffering, criminal injuries can be particularly distressing. If someone has hurt you intentionally or shown no regard for your safety and well-being, it can be fairly traumatic.

    If you’ve been hurt whilst someone commits a crime, for example, you could experience shock and trauma, as well as any physical injuries. In fact, some victims of crime find the psychological harm caused by the incident lasts much longer than their physical injuries.

    Could you claim compensation?

    Generally, if you’ve been hurt because of someone else, you can make a compensation claim against them and this is true for criminal injuries as well. You shouldn’t have to suffer the symptoms of criminal injuries alone and taking legal action may give you a sense of justice being done.

    Whilst making a claim won’t help your injuries directly, it may help you whilst you recover and it will ensure that you don’t suffer any financial loss because you’ve been hurt.

    Can anyone make a claim for compensation?

    Often, people fail to take legal action because they assume that they won’t be eligible to make a claim. Unfortunately, this can result in people missing out on compensation they’re owed because more people are eligible to make a claim than you might realise.

    You’ll simply need to show that you were hurt through no fault of your own and that you received medical help after the incident. Whilst many claimants are subject to a strict 3-year time limit, this doesn’t apply in all cases so it could still be worth seeking legal help if you were hurt some time ago.

    Don’t forget – it isn’t just adults who can be eligible to obtain compensation for criminal injuries. If a child or teenager has been hurt, you could make a claim on their behalf and they could also obtain compensation for the symptoms of criminal injuries.

    Let Accident Advice Helpline help you

    Experiencing criminal injuries can be extremely distressing and you won’t want to have to deal with a compensation claim alone straight afterwards. Rather than struggling on alone, why not let us assist you?

    We can provide all the help and advice you need so you won’t have to worry about accessing the compensation you deserve. To find out more about the service we can offer, contact us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline today and get your compensation claim started as quickly as possible.

    Category: Criminal injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.