How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    The most common injuries at work

    The most common injuries at work are those caused by trips, slips and falls. You may slip on a freshly washed floor or a highly polished one and break a limb, in which case, if there were no warning signs of the potential hazard, you could have a personal injury claim against your employer.

    If you can prove negligence on the part of your employer and can prove that you didn’t trip, slip or fall because of your own negligence, then you have a case. These most common injuries at work can happen in any sector, business, industry, education and so on.

    Office work

    Open Claim Calculator

    Since the advent of computers in the office, there have been increasing numbers of cases of repetitive strain injury (RSI). This type of injury may be the result of the employer not having taken steps to prevent employees from RSI. For example, if you use a computer you should be provided with a footrest. The screen and document holder should be adjustable, as should your seat. The keyboard should be at the best level for you and workstation surfaces should be adjustable so that they suit the individual working at them. If your employer has not taken account of the health and safety at work regulations, then they have a case to answer if you suffer from a personal injury.


    Work-related upper limb disorders (WRULDs)

    Work-related upper limb disorders can occur when you do repetitive actions, such as assembling small components or pulling and pushing a bread cage in a supermarket, for long periods of time. Any repetitive action could result in a WRULD, but again the employer should have health and safety rules which should prevent employees from suffering from such disorders.


    Construction industry

    If you work on a construction site, your employer should ensure that you have a safe working environment. You should be provided with the necessary protective gear and understand the safety issues that could occur in your place of work. If you have followed all the safety rules and were wearing protective clothing when you had an accident, then it is possible that your employer can be held responsible for you injury.

    If you use vibrating equipment, you need to wear protective gloves (vibration-absorbing ones), and work in short bursts so that you do not get vibration white finger. Your employer should provide you with these gloves or pads and issue instructions about how to use the vibrating equipment.

    Above are some of the most common injuries at work, but most are preventable if your employer has followed the health and safety at work regulations for your particular industry. If the safety rules have not been followed and this is not your fault, then you have a case for a personal injury claim.

    If you believe that you have an injury which has occurred in the last three years, contact Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. To estimate how much compensation you might be entitled to, you should try the 30-second test (the compensation calculator) and then dial the number and speak with a member of staff. These are trained professionals who want to help you get the compensation you are legally entitled to. You may have an injury which has not been listed in this article as one of the most common injuries at work, but there are many other injuries which you can claim compensation for. Come to Accident Advice Helpline and get free advice about your personal injury claim.

    Date Published: 16th May 2013

    Author: verityking

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.