How to know if you are depressed after an accident, and make injury claims against the other driver
It is natural to feel a little down and stressed out after any serious accident. If you have been badly injured then you have to deal with the physical repercussions of your accident, as well as the financial and practical things to deal with after any accident. Once all of this is over, though, you may find that you are still feeling sad about what happened, and if this goes on too long you should get help. Depression and post-traumatic stress disorder are common after serious accidents, and if you feel that you may be displaying the early signs of this then you should nip it in the bud before it gets worse.
- Sadness which does not ease. It is normal to feel sad after a serious accident or incident. But this should be bad during the first week and start to ease up with every passing week. If after a month you are still feeling sad, or even sadder than you were at the beginning, you may need help.
- Feeling irrationally angry. Feeling angry is another normal emotion after a traumatic event, but it should not be your main emotion, or one that you feel for a long time.
- Distancing yourself from loved ones. Feeling that you don’t want to be social with anyone, even your closest friends and family, is a sure sign that you are starting to get depressed.
- Losing interest in normal activities. If you can’t bring yourself to go to work, shop or do household chores, and simply want to stay in bed all day, this is a classic sign of depression and needs to be dealt with right away.
- Replaying the incident. You should start to get back to normal after a few weeks, and think less about the accident. If you are constantly replaying it in your mind then this is not normal and you should get help.
Making Thanet claims for compensation
After a serious accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make Thanet claims for compensation against the person who was at fault. The easiest way to make Thanet claims is through experienced personal injury lawyers, who are able to work on your behalf to process your claim, and can put together a claim which is more likely to be successful.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident and find out more about the Thanet claims process. The team are there to offer advice and support and can pass you over to an in house experienced personal injury lawyer, who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.