How to make an accident claim in Tameside
You can make an accident claim for any accident in which you have been involved, so long as someone else was to blame for it. This short article will give you some valuable advice about making an accident claim in Tameside to get compensation for your injury.
How to claim
To get your compensation, you will need an solicitor who specialises in personal injury law, like our Tameside accident claim solicitors. However, before you come to claim, there are several things that you can do to make sure that your claim is successful:
- Check that you qualify for compensation. You can do this by calling our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speaking to one of our advisors. There is no charge for this and calling our helpline does not put you under any obligation to claim using our Tameside accident claim solicitors.
- Write an account of your accident so that you can give your solicitor all of the information they will need to bring about a successful claim on your behalf. Include any details that you can remember – you never know what may turn out to be important!
- Gather together anything that may help your claim, such as photographs of your injuries or the scene of your accident. The contact details of any witnesses or letters of complaints that you may have written will also be useful as documentation.
- Make a note of your accident-related costs, as our Tameside accident claim solicitors will see that you are reimbursed for these. The sort of things that you can claim for include travel expenses, medical costs and lost earnings. Make sure that you also keep hold of anything that proves your costs, such as receipts, invoices and bank statements.
- Keep in contact with your doctor. Your medical record will be looked at when you claim, so make sure that you tell your doctor if your injury gets worse or if you are suffering from any psychological side effects as a result of the accident.
- Make sure that you are fully recovered before you claim! You can only claim for your injury once, so if you claim too soon you may not get all of the money you are due.
Ready to claim?
When you are ready to claim, give us a call! We will put you in touch with our Tameside accident claim solicitors who will start work on your claim, and hopefully it won’t be too long before you get the compensation that you need to get your life back in order. Our Tameside accident claim solicitors will work on your claim under a no win no fee contract, so there is no need for you to worry about paying any money upfront.
Date Published: 20th October 2014
Author: David Brown