Have you suffered a foot injury through no fault of your own? Are you concerned that your injury may be serious? Do you need to know the symptoms of a foot injury? Read about the symptoms of a foot injury and making a foot injury claim here.
The symptoms of a foot injury – most common signs
The symptoms of a foot injury can vary according to the type of accident you have suffered. The nature of your symptoms can tell a doctor a great deal about the type of injury you have. In broad terms, there are three types of symptoms you may experience:
- Swelling or inflammation – if your foot is swollen or inflamed, it would suggest that there could be a broken bone amongst the many small brittle bones in your foot, or that your tendons or ligaments are injured
- Numbness or tingling – any tingling or loss of feeling in your foot or toes could suggest that you have injured the nerves in your feet
- Burning pain, warmth, redness or fever – if your foot is significantly hotter than usual, has redness or red streaks or you have a fever, your foot injury may have become infected
Although these are the symptoms of a foot injury, if you are experiencing any of these, particularly following an accident, it is important that you seek medical attention.
Making a claim for your foot injury
If your foot has been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation from the person responsible. If you would like to check that you are eligible to claim, take a look at the following questions:
- Have you been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else?
- Did your accident take place within the last three years?
- Did you visit a doctor or a hospital for your injury?
If all of these statements are true, then you should give us a call to talk about your compensation claim.
Get in touch with our advisors today
Making a claim with us at Accident Advice Helpline is straightforward. We do everything on your behalf. We even work on a no-win, no-fee* basis with no upfront fees, so you really have nothing to lose by making your claim. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile you can ring us on 0333 500 0993. Our advisors will explain the process and let you know how much compensation you could be entitled to claim.
Date Published: 5th August 2016
Author: Lynne Bell
Category: Foot injury claim