The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is Britain’s national regulator of health and safety in the workplace. Their aim is to reduce the number of injuries, illnesses and deaths that happen at work, and they will investigate cases that are considered to be serious incidents.
Incidents considered serious enough to report to HSE, and maybe make a Swindon no win no fee accident claim for
The list of reportable incidents was updated in 2013 and now includes:
- Deaths from a work related incident, including if it is caused by an act of violence against an employee.
- Fractures, unless they are to the fingers, thumbs or toes
- Loss of limbs
- Injuries affecting the victims sight
- Any crush injury that causes damage to the brain or internal organs
- Serious burns that cover more than 10% of the body, or if they cause damage to the eyes, respiratory system or other organs
- Scalping injuries that require hospital treatment
- Loss of consciousness caused by a head injury or asphyxia
- Work relate hypothermia or a heat induced illness
- Any injury that requires resuscitation
- Injuries where the victim has to spend more than 24 hours in hospital
- Injuries that stop an employee from working for more than seven consecutive days
There are also some industrial diseases, which must be reported, and any of these you could make a Swindon no win no fee accident claim for. They include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand arm vibration syndrome
- Severe cramp of the hand or forearm
- Dermatitis cause by the employment
- Occupational asthma
- Occupational cancer
Making a Swindon no win no fee accident claim for a work related accident
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees as much as possible, and if you are injured in an accident at work because you boss has failed to do so, you could be entitled to make a Swindon no win no fee accident claim against them.
Some of the injuries in accidents at work can have a terrible effect on the life of the victim and their families, and at Accident Advice Helpline we will take this into account when we are making your Swindon no win no fee accident claim.Open Claim Calculator
Some victims are uncertain about making a claim against their employer, because they are fearful of some sort of backlash. However, statistics show that most victims return to work with no problem at all, and in many cases the claim is not even mentioned.
There are a few bosses that take exception to the fact you have made a no win no fee accident claim against them, but to treat you badly because of it is illegal, and you can take them to an employment tribunal if this is the way they behave.
If you would like to know more about making a no win no fee accident claim, take a look at our very user friendly website or call our freephone helpline and chat to our expert claims advisors.