Claiming compensation for a Swindon non fault accident
This short guide will give you some useful facts about personal injury compensation, to help you reach a decision about whether or not to claim for your Swindon non fault accident. For more information, please call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500, where one of our fully trained advisors will be happy to help you.
What is compensation for?
Compensation is there to help you get your life and finances back on track after you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Your compensation claim will look at the pain and stress of the injury or illness caused by your Swindon non fault accident, and any resulting financial costs or losses, for which you will be reimbursed. These could be:
- Lost earnings;
- Money spent replacing clothing or personal items damaged in your accident;
- Childcare costs;
- Travel expenses;
- The cost of private medical treatment;
- Vehicle hire; and
- Money spent on holidays or event tickets that you were unable to attend because of your injury.
Important points to remember
- Keep receipts, payslips, and bank statements as evidence of what you have spent or lost.
- You can claim compensation for any Swindon non fault accident, regardless of where it happened. You have three years from the date of your accident in which to submit your claim for compensation.
- You can claim for any injury or illness, including psychological conditions such as stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Personal injury compensation is non-taxable.
How to claim
You will need to file a claim for compensation with a lawyer, preferably one who specialises in personal injury claims. Here at Accident Advice Helpline we have a team of injury lawyers, all of whom have the legal expertise to claim on your behalf. Our lawyers work under no win no fee contracts, and always do their best to get the maximum amount of compensation possible.
The no win no fee agreement means that you will not have to find the money to pay legal fees upfront, and you will not have to pay anything at all if your claim is unsuccessful.
Because our lawyers work under no win no fee contracts, you can trust that we are being 100 per cent honest about your chances of success, and know that we are working hard to ensure your claim is successful. You cannot get legal aid for a compensation claim.
After you have filed your claim, your lawyer will set to work and keep you updated on the progress of your claim.
You may be asked to attend a medical for a third-party assessment of your injuries. If this happens, please bear in mind that it is a normal procedure and you have nothing to worry about. If your claim goes to court then you may also have to attend a hearing, but most injury claims are settled before they reach this stage.
To talk to us about your Swindon non fault accident please call 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 7th July 2014
Author: David Brown