How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Suffered a personal injury

    If you have suffered a personal injury finding the right lawyer can seem like an intimidating challenge. Not only is it an area that you might not know that much about but it also comes at a time when you can be forgiven for feeling a little vulnerable. However this beginner’s guide will tell you some of the most important things that you should look out for when you have suffered a personal injury.

    When can you claim?

    When you have suffered a personal injury you could be entitled to compensation, as long as your situation fits the legal rules for making a claim:

    1. Was the accident your fault? This is perhaps the most self explanatory of all the questions you need to ask. Under UK law you will be able to make a claim if the accident was not your fault. You will claim compensation from the party who caused the accident. This could be another driver in a car accident or your employer if the accident happened in the work place.

    2. When did it happen? There is actually a time limit on when you can make a claim. If you wait longer than three years before consulting a lawyer then regardless of how good your claim might or might not be you will be unable to claim anything. So the moral of that story is that if you’re going to take action it’s better to do so sooner rather than later.

    3. How bad was the injury? If you did not require medical attention then it is sadly unlikely that we’ll be able to help you with your claim. Compensation is there to help people who have been relatively seriously hurt in an accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you can answer all those then you may well be able to make a claim, but to be absolutely sure it’s a good idea to speak to an expert. Most law firms will be able to give you some form of consultation although this could end up costing you money, which is naturally something that, in an ideal world, you would want to avoid.

    At Accident Advice Helpline we have operatives on hand ready to take your call. They can tell you firstly whether or not they think you have a good chance of winning your case and secondly how much you might win in compensation if you win your claim.

    Finding a lawyer when you have suffered a personal injury

    We work on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you can have the best lawyers working on your claim without having to pay is any money to get it started.

    So, for more information, call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 23rd March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.