Sue for damages in Wakefield


Regeneration programmes in Wakefield have led to new retail developments like Trinity Walk, the redesign of the Bull Ring central square and the refurbishment of the Ridings shopping mall. There have also been developments by the canal and river to create a “Wakefield waterfront” and residential, commercial and retail spaces have sprung up. All this has served to give the West Yorkshire city a new buzz. But, with more and busier places to enjoy in town, the downside is that you potentially have more chance of a slip, trip or fall accident in a public spot that leaves you injured.

If  you are injured in a public place, for example, you may feel that you should sue for damages in Wakefield and be looking for a local firm of solicitors to help you do this.

Want to sue for damages in Wakefield?

But if you are injured after slipping, tripping or falling somewhere like a street, shop or office, and the accident wasn’t your fault, you can probably claim personal injury compensation. After all, you have a right to expect to be safe from things like damaged carpet, raised paving stones, wires that are trip hazards, or slippery surfaces.

Incidents that occur on footpaths or public roads are generally the local authority’s responsibility.

But an accident could also happen somewhere like one of Wakefield’s new shops or restaurants or in a supermarket, on a wet surface, or because of some obstruction.

Slips, trips and falls in Wakefield

Equally, you may decide to sue for damages in Wakefield after slipping, tripping or falling at work. If, for example, a colleague left something blocking the way that you tripped over, or spilt something, your employer is responsible for ensuring all staff keep the workplace safe, so would be liable under what’s called “vicarious liability.”

If you decide to sue for damages in Wakefield, you need to prove negligence, so take photos if you can of what caused the accident. You will need evidence that someone knew about the risk, but did not warn others or act to rectify the issue.

Damages can be recovered for:

    • Pain, suffering and injury
    • Loss of earnings and medical costs, such as prescription charges
    • The cost of a holiday you couldn’t go on because of the accident

Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now

If you’ve had an accident like this, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline before you do anything else, just dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. We can help you with your claim on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you don’t have to give us any money upfront to start your claim for you.

Call us now and find out more about our services.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )