How to Sue After a Car Accident


Car accidents are some of the most traumatic and unpleasant experiences, but are unfortunately relatively common, and are likely to become more common as the number of cars on the roads increases. What’s worse than a simple car accident, is a car accident that wasn’t your fault and what’s even worse still is a car accident that wasn’t your fault and that caused you a serious injury. Fortunately however, in this situation you do not have to just accept things and let them pass, instead you can read on to find out how to sue after a car accident.

How to Sue After a Car Accident

When addressing the question of how to sue after a car accident, it is first pertinent to mention that in this context the question is the same as the question of how to claim compensation, and it is this second parlance that we will adopt from here on out. Compensation is available when you are injured or fall ill and somebody else was to blame, in order to allow you to account for the physical, emotional and financial hardships that can result from your ailment. As such, a car accident that was somebody else’s fault is therefore clearly a circumstance in which you could begin claims proceedings.

How Long Do You Have to Claim?

In the majority of personal injury compensation cases there is a period of three years in which you can begin legal proceedings after the incident in question, and this rule applies to almost all car accident cases. This is true as the only types of case which are exempt from this rule are those which relate to either injuries to minors or to industrial diseases such as asbestos poisoning.

Who Can Help You to Claim?

If you want to be certain that your claim is handled by the very best in the business, then you want to make sure that it is handled by Accident Advice Helpline. Accident Advice Helpline have over 13 years’ worth of experience of handling all kinds of personal injury cases, and always do their utmost to ensure that claimants get all of the compensation that they deserve. What this has meant is that the organisation has earned the gratitude of tens of thousands of claimants as well as the official endorsement of television personality and consumer champion Esther Rantzen.

How to Get in Touch with Them

You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling either 0800 180 4123; or 033 500 0992 from your mobile. Both numbers are continually manned by friendly and professional advisers who will be ready, willing and able to assist you with advice and guidance in complete confidence.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )