Cycles are used for sport, pleasure or commuting and no matter what your age or why you ride, if you come off yours in an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a personal injury claim, using our successful personal injury lawyers in Snettisham. Cycling is the third most popular pastime in the UK; from toddlers to pensioners bikes are popular.
The problem is that cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads; they have very little protection if they have an accident so their injuries tend to be more severe than that of a car driver who has some protection from their vehicle.
Things that will reduce the risks
There are a few things cyclists can do to reduce the risks of serious injury, and so reduce the risk of having to make a compensation claim, using our successful personal injury lawyers in Snettisham. Precautions they can take include:
- Not riding next to another cyclist, this can make it difficult for a car to overtake and you might be knocked off your bike.
- If you are passing parked cars make sure you leave at least a car door width between you and the cars to avoid a driver opening his door and hitting you.
- Sturdy footwear will protect your feet and ankles.
- Kneepads and elbow pads will help protect the joints
- Wearing a well fitting, good quality helmet can reduce any head injuries you may sustain.
- Wearing high visibility jackets, stripes on legs etc. will make you more visible to other road users.
The injuries likely to be sustained in a cycling accident
There are many injuries that happen in cycle accidents, some of them are:
- Back and spine injuries
- Soft tissue
- Head and brain injuries
- Dental injuries
- Anxiety and stress
- Road rash
- Facial injuries
- Whiplash injuries
Any injuries, sustained in any accident that was not your fault may entitle you to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Snettisham.
Making your claim using successful personal injury lawyers in Snettisham
After an accident there is more to think about than just your injuries. Will you be able to return to work for instance, how ill you pay the household bills or run the car? When you have been the faultless victim of an accident, these should not be worries you have to contend with and that is why you should be compensated.
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with personal injury claims since 2000 and have helped many thousand of victims get the compensation they deserved.
Our freephone number is, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You will find advisors who are friendly and professional. They will give you free advice and help you all they can. Or you could try the 30-second test online for some guidance.
We operate a no win no fee* agreement so no money will have to be found to finance your claim.