Everyone deserves to make stress free claims in Suffolk or anywhere else in the UK if they have been the victim of an accident through no fault of their own. An accident can happen at any time and to anyone. No matter how your accident happened as long as you were the innocent victim, then you should be able to claim compensation. You can experience stress free claims in Suffolk with Accident Advice Helpline to make a personal injury claim on your behalf.
In order to make your accident injury claim, you first need to fit the certain criteria. The car accident solicitors from Accident Advice Helpline will guide you through the process of making your personal injury claim.
The criteria you need to meet to make stress free claims in Suffolk
Below is the criteria that you need to fit in order to make your injury claim:
- Someone else must have been to blame for the accident
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened within the last three years
The one rule that has a few exceptions is the time limit restriction:
- If your claim is for an industrial illness or condition, you have three years from the date of diagnosis to make your claim.
- If you were injured in an accident on board a ship or plane, the time limit is reduced to 2 years.
- If you are claiming because of injuries sustained in a violent crime the time limit is 2 years.
- If you were under 18 at the time of your injuries and no one claimed for you then, you have until your 21st birthday to make your claim in the case of an accident and until your 20th birthday in the case of a crime.
As with every law in the country, these time limits can be overruled by a court, but this is extremely rare.
The accidents you can claim for
You can claim compensation for any accident that fits the criteria, some of the more usual ones being:
- Faulty product accidents
- Medical negligence
- Accidents at work
- Road traffic accidents
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place
- Violent crimes
- Animal attacks
- Food poisoning
- Holiday accidents
- Industrial illnesses or diseases
Getting the best advice from Accident Advice Helpline
For over 14 years, Accident Advice Helpline has been giving free legal advice to non-fault victims of accidents. We have helped many thousands of them receive the personal injury compensation to which they were entitled, after being injured in an accident that was not their own fault.
Our 30-second test will let you know if you qualify to make a claim, and give you an estimate of the amount you could be entitled to. This can only ever be an estimate at this early stage of a claim, as there are too many factors that can affect the final outcome.
Our freephone helpline number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. You can speak to one of our highly trained friendly and helpful advisers who are there to help you through the processes of making a personal injury compensation claim.
As we work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis you will not be asked for any money to start your claim, or if the claim is lost.
Date Published: 10th July 2014