How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Stoke-on-Trent Accident

    Questions about claiming compensation for your Stoke-on-Trent accident?

    After being injured in an accident you naturally want to know more about personal injury law, and the possibility of claiming compensation for your ordeal. You’ve come online and have no doubt been bombarded with an overload of information!

    Here are some of the questions we have received from other people who have been injured in a Stoke-on-Trent accident, which may answer some of yours.

    For further help and information please call our twenty four helpline on 0800 689 0500.

    Questions from the injured of Stoke-on-Trent

    I would like to try and claim compensation for my Stoke-on-Trent accident, but I’m not entirely certain who was responsible for my accident. How do I find this out?

    You certainly won’t be the first claimant with this problem, liability isn’t always clear cut! Please call our helpline and one of our advisors will try and help you.

    Open Claim Calculator


    Will I have to go to court? I want to sue my former employer for the negligence that led to my back injury, but I don’t want to face him in court.

    We can’t promise that your case won’t end up in court, but the majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court, so it is possible that yours will be too. If you do have to go to court, please note that compensation claims are civil matters, so your hearing will be held in a small courtroom, and there won’t be a jury. Don’t be deterred from claiming by the reaction of your former employer, if you are suffering as a result of his negligence then you have every right to claim.


    Can I claim for mental illness? I don’t really want to but since the Stoke on Trent accident that triggered my depression and anxiety a couple of years ago I have been unable to work, and need the money.

    Yes you can claim for mental illness and you should feel no shame in doing so; mental illnesses can be life changing and can cause physical symptoms as well. Make sure you speak to your doctor and get the right help and support for your condition.


    Can I claim back the money I spent on private medical treatment?

    Yes absolutely, you can claim back any of costs arising from your Stoke on Trent accident. Make sure you get receipts, and keep hold of your bank statements.


    Should I use a ‘no win no fee’ lawyer?

    It is your decision, but using a lawyer who will work for you under a no win no fee contract means that you won’t have to find the money to pay your legal bills. Most injury claims are handled under no win no fee contracts. It is worth noting that if you do choose a lawyer who charges ongoing fees, you will not be able to get legal aid to help you.

    Date Published: 8th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.