How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Stoke-on-Trent accident claim

    A personal injury, as its name suggests, is personal to you. Whether you have suffered a sports accident, a road traffic accident or a slip, trip and fall, the injury lawyers here at Accident Advice Helpline can help you make a Stoke-on-Trent accident claim.

    Six simple steps to make your claim

    1. If you believe you may be entitled to make a Stoke-on-Trent accident claim, please contact us by phone for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our trained claims advisors will assess your claims chance of success and provide you with advice on your legal rights.
    2. If you wish to go ahead with your claim, we will represent you on a 100% no win, no fee basis. This means that you will not have to worry about your legal costs.
    3. We will send a letter of claim to the guilty party. The defendant will then have three months in which to admit or deny responsibility for your accident.
    4. To recover compensation, we must be able to prove that the defendant was at least in part to blame for your accident. We will therefore, work with you to collect evidence in support of your case.
    5. If the defendant admits causing your accident, we negotiate a compensation settlement on your behalf. If the defendant denies responsibility, we will advise you on your next steps. This might mean taking your claim through the courts.
    6. If you win your Stoke-on-Trent accident claim, we will secure two main types of compensation payment from the defendant: general damages and special damages.

    General damages is the legal term for the compensation that will be paid to you for the pain and suffering arising from your injury. The level of general damages awarded to you will depend on the severity of the injury, your likely recovery time and your prognosis.

    Special damages is the legal term for the compensation that will be paid to you for the financial losses and expenses resulting from your accident. The level of special damages awarded to you will be based on the receipts, wage slips and invoices you are able to supply.

    If your case is complex, it may also be possible for you to recover compensation for your ongoing health and social care costs. Contact Accident Advice Helpline today by dialling 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: 28th June 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.