If your boss has not followed all of the health and safety rules and regulations and you have suffered an accident that has caused you injuries, you may want to make a personal injury claim. The Stockton-on-Tees car accident solicitors can help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to.
The Stockton-on-Tees car accident solicitors advise that employers take a look at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website, where all the rules and regulations are. Spending a bit of time there and finding out what they need to do could save then having to face personal injury claims when an employee gets injured at work in an accident that was not their fault.
Health and safety rules and regulation and the Stockton-on-Tees car accident lawyers
Some of the more general rules and regulations that your boss needs to follow to avoid having to deal with our Stockton-on-Tees car accident solicitors are:
- They have to make sure you have enough room to work in comfortably.
- All equipment and machinery should be in proper working order, with any safety devices it needs fitted.
- Only people trained it the use of the equipment and machinery should be allowed to operate it.
- If any protective clothing is needed, the employer should supply it to the staff, free of any charge.
- There should be a health and safety policy in place, which all staff know and implement.
- There should be procedures in place so that everyone knows what to do in an emergency situation
- Risk assessments should be carried out to identify any dangers, and once found they should be eradicated.
- If any risks are left, all staff should be made aware of them and there should be warnings signs that are easily understood.
- An accident book should be kept to record all accidents
- Any serious accidents should be reported to HSE so they can investigate.
- There should be employers liability insurance in place, with a minimum cover of 5 million pounds.
- Proper breaks should be taken throughout the day
This is just a few examples of the rules and regulations that your boss should follow in order to keep you safe while you are at work, but there are many more and it is your bosses duty to find out what they all are.
Accident Advice Helpline
No matter what type of accident you want to claim for, it must not have been your own fault, your injuries must have required medical treatment and the accident should have happened no more than three years ago. If you fit these criteria, Accident Advice Helpline can help claim the compensation you are entitled to.
Making personal injury claims is what we specialise in and all we have done for the last 14 years. The experience we have gained has allowed us to hone the processes to keep you claim simple, fast and efficient, keeping as much stress as we can away from you.
Contacting us could not be simpler either. You can either complete one of our online options, or call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.