Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation


How to deal with a bad employee and what to do if someone claims accident at work compensation against you

As an employer, you need to deal with a lot of issues at once. It is down to you to ensure that your company runs properly and that all of your employees are happy and motivated, deal with clients and customers and ensure that problems are sorted out as quickly as possible.

If you are working with a bad employee then this can make your job even more difficult, and reflect badly on your company. If you are dealing with a bad employee, there may be other things that you can do before you have to let them go, to get them to work better in the company as a whole.

  • Confront them. The first thing to do with any bad employee is to confront them about their behaviour. This lets them know that you are aware of what they are doing and that it is not ok. Many people continue to do things because they think that they are getting away with it, so let this person know that this is not the case.
  • Serve written warnings. In many cases, a bad employee will continue to do things they shouldn’t if they have only had spoken warnings, because this doesn’t seem as official as a written warning. A written warning goes on their record and can be used against them if you want to let them go.
  • Let them know how many warnings they get. If you are willing to give three warnings before firing this person then let them know, if they have already had at least one warning this should make it clear that they are on the right path to lose their job if they don’t stop what they are doing.

An employee may try to make a Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation claim against you

An employee may try to make a Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation claim against you if they have been injured at work. However, you don’t need to pay out on a Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation claim if you can prove that the employee was to blame for what happened to them at work.

If you are afraid that you were in some way at fault for the accident which caused your employee’s injuries, it may be worth calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for advice, and to find out if the employee has a good case for Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation.

If they do it may be quicker and easier to pay out on the claim rather than go to court. Otherwise you need to find a good lawyer who can help you to fight the Stockton-on-Tees accident at work compensation claim in court.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )