How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Stockton-on-Tees accident

    If your Stockton-on-Tees accident wasn’t your fault, did you know that you can probably claim compensation?

    Advice following your Stockton-on-Tees accident

    If your accident wasn’t your fault, did you know that you can probably claim compensation?

    Personal injury compensation is available to people who weren’t to blame for their accidents. Your compensation will be awarded for the pain and stress of the injury or illness your accident caused you, and recompense you for any financial losses you suffered as a result.

    You have three years from the date of your Stockton-on-Tees accident in which to file a claim for compensation. Personal injury compensation is non-taxable.

    Your accident

    You can claim personal injury compensation after:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Being injured in a car accident;
    • Sustaining injury in an accident at work;
    • Being injured or made unwell from a faulty product, appliance, or service;
    • An injury sustained because you were a victim of a crime;
    • Suffering a psychological illness following any accident, such as stress, depression, or anxiety.

    How to claim compensation

    To claim compensation, you will need to speak to a legal professional or advisor; they will ask for details of your Stockton-on-Tees accident, so jot down anything that you can remember so you have this to hand.

    You will need to recount the date and time of your accident, any observations you had, whether you know of any witnesses, and then of course details of the injury or illness you suffered, and the impact that this had on your life.

    You also need to make sure that you keep evidence of any costs arising from your accident. You can claim for things like lost earnings, travel expenses, the cost of private medical care, or to replace personal items damaged in your accident. If you are unsure whether or not something belongs on your claim, keep the relevant receipt or bank statement and your solicitor will be able to help you further at a later date.

    Once your adviser has confirmed that you qualify for a compensation payment, you will need to file your claim with a solicitor. For personal injury claims, it is best to use an injury lawyer who will have more experience and expertise in injury law, and will be more likely to get you the maximum amount of compensation.

    Using a lawyer who works under a no-win, no-fee contract will minimise the risks in claiming. Most personal injury claims are settled out of court, so you probably won’t have to attend a court hearing. You cannot get legal aid for a personal injury claim.

    Contact us

    If you would like to know anything else about claiming compensation, or to speak to one of our fully trained advisers about your Stockton on Tees accident, please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile. Lines are open 24/7, and calls are kept confidential.

    Date Published: 8th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.