How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Staying gas safe at home

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Staying gas safe at home

    If you rent a flat or house and you have suffered injuries caused by a faulty boiler, you might find yourself wondering who is actually at fault for your accident. Whilst staying gas safe at home is your own responsibility when you own a property, when you’re renting, it is your landlord who is legally responsible for your safety in relation to gas safety. By law, there are things that they must do to ensure that your property is safe and habitable. If they fail to do these things and you are injured as a result, you could make a 100% no-win, no-fee* personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline.

    What are a landlord’s responsibilities when it comes to staying gas safe at home?

    Staying gas safe at home starts with the things your landlord must do – they must:

    • Ensure that an annual gas safety check is carried out on all appliances and flues
    • Keep a record of this safety check
    • Repair and maintain all flues, appliances and pipework

    They can’t carry out a gas safety check themselves, even if they are a plumber or were once trained as a gas engineer. By law, a gas safety check needs to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. You can ask to see a copy of the gas safety check from your landlord, if you are concerned about gas safety in your property. A faulty boiler could explode, causing serious injuries or even fatalities, whilst a leaking boiler could cause scalds and burns. You could even suffer carbon monoxide poisoning from a malfunctioning boiler, and often this isn’t detected until it is too late.

    Claiming personal injury compensation for boiler injuries

    Whether you’ve been treated in hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning or you’re suffering from burns or scalds caused by a faulty boiler, Accident Advice Helpline could help you get the compensation you deserve. Since 2000, we have been helping tenants across the country claim compensation for a landlord’s negligent behaviour. So if you have been injured and your landlord did not ensure that your property was gas safe, you could find you have a viable claim.

    The best way to find out more about making a claim is to get in touch with us by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. We’ll ask you some questions about your accident and injuries, in order to assess whether you’re eligible. Most claims can be processed in full over the phone, so it’s unlikely you will have to face your landlord in court.

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.