How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Staffordshire accident at work compensation

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Staffordshire

    If you are working in a school or college then you may expect there to be difficult students, and even certain situations in which you may be injured. However, the school should be working on your behalf to ensure that you are always protected from serious danger, and that you are not left in the company of a student who may cause you serious harm.

    If you do find that you are working with a student who poses a threat to you, speak to your manager about being moved away from them or them having special attention to keep both you and them safe. If you are injured by a student then there are a few things you can and should do.

    • Tell someone in authority. You should speak to someone higher up that you about what has happened, what the situation was leading up to this issue and what you want to do about the situation. You may not have the authority to deal with the situation, and may not know exactly what you can do, but someone higher up should do.
    • Speak to the student’s parents. There is only so much your authority will let you do if a student has been violent and injured you. A student’s parents will have many more options for disciplining the student and teaching them what they can and can’t do, so they should be involved in the process.
    • Let other students know that this isn’t acceptable. If younger students see one student acting out and feel that this student has gotten away with it, they may think that they are allowed to do the same things without punishment.  Speak to the other students after the event to ensure that they understand what has happened and that this will not be tolerated.

    When to file a Staffordshire accident at work compensation claim

    You can file a Staffordshire accident at work compensation against your school if you are injured by a student or another teacher, or even if you are injured by accident as long as it was caused by the negligence of your employer.

    If you do feel that you are entitled to a Staffordshire accident at work compensation claim then you should call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your accident and find out whether or not you should be making a claim.

    If you do have a good case for Staffordshire accident at work compensation then you will be passed over to an experienced in house personal injury lawyer who will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 15th September 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.