For many of us, exercise and sports are rightly important parts of our lives, whether that’s gym classes or running around a field on a Sunday morning with a local football team.
Indeed, it’s never too late in life to start exercising, and expert researchers have even found that getting fit in your forties can still give your heart a significant boost.
The unfortunate downside is that few physical activities are entirely without risk, whether you slip on a gym floor, have a mishap with a piece of sporting equipment or get injured from a dangerous tackle in a game of rugby.
While most of these incidents are genuine accidents, if you are hurt while watching or playing sport and someone else was definitely to blame, you could be entitled to make a sport injury claim for personal injury.
While that wouldn’t be the case if you were hurt in a legal tackle, or just tripped and fell for no real reason, there are many circumstances in which you would be entitled to claim, such as:
- If the equipment you were given was dangerous
- The playing surface was not maintained in a reasonable condition
- The public viewing area was not safe and you were hurt while watching sport
- If you were hurt by an illegal tackle
What’s more, sports injury claims can be made whether your injury occurred on public or private land, at work, at a school, college or university or on council-owned property.
Making a sport injury claim Accident Advice Helpline
Make your sport injury claim for compensation through Accident Advice Helpline and benefit from a wealth of expertise in many different types of accidents and injuries, gained over the last 14 years.
We’re a specialist personal injury law firm offering:
- A professional, efficient and friendly service
- A legal advice helpline you can call seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- To work on your claim on a no win no fee* basis, meaning no money is needed to start your claim and if you don’t win, you won’t have lost a penny
- A 30-second online calculator showing you potential compensation amounts at a glance
Remember you need to be able to prove that someone else was to blame, and your accident must have happened within the last three years, though that can be extended in cases involving minors.
Claim amounts, and the time taken to settle cases, varies. Start the ball rolling by contacting us now: call our freephone number 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and the experienced team will be more than happy to talk you through the process.