Nowadays many golfers are taking out insurance cover, not just for their golf clubs, but for public liability in case they accidentally injure someone while enjoying a round of golf. As public liability insurance for golfers can be found for less than £50 a year, it makes sense to have it, as injuring a fellow-golfer could cost a six-figure sum. There may be a firm of solicitors in Bothwell, or one in another part of Scotland that has a specialist golfing injury solicitor, as it’s a very popular sport in Scotland.
Fortunately most of the injuries sustained on golf courses are minor, but the loss of an eye is a different matter. Of course, accidents can happen everywhere. Sometimes there are problems with the course itself, (and if that was the case), the owners would be liable to pay compensation for injuries. You would need the assistance of specialist solicitors in Bothwell for example, in order to file a claim.
Safety tips for golfers
- As slips, trips and falls can occur anywhere, you should wear appropriate footwear when on a golf course.
- If you are about to drive, check all around you to ensure your club is not going to hit anyone.
- Don’t just check the area where you plan on sending the ball; look to the right and left of it, as golf balls don’t always go where we would like.
- Shouting “Fore!” warns other golfers that you are about to take a shot.
- If you here someone yelling “Fore!” try to take cover and make yourself as small as possible, protecting your head with your arms.
Accident Advice Helpline
When it comes to selecting legal representation to help with your claim, specialist solicitors in Bothwell are not your only option. Our experts at Accident Advice Helpline can help too. For more information call us at any time for expert legal advice on one of these freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for landlines, or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call right now and find out what we may be able to do for you?
Date Published: 18th April 2014
Author: David Brown