How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Specialist personal injury solicitors

    Specialist personal injury solicitors help people make compensation claims when they have been injured in an accident. The range of accidents that they deal with includes:

    • Slips, trips and falls
    • Road traffic accidents
    • Accidents at work

    People who have been injured in accidents such as these may be entitled to claim compensation provided that the accident was someone else’s fault and they start their claim within three years of the date of the accident. They should also have received medical attention for their injuries at the time of the accident.

    How can I find out whether I am entitled to claim compensation?

    The unique 30-second online test at the Accident Advice Helpline website will tell you whether you are entitled to claim compensation if you have been injured in an accident.

    Alternatively, Accident Advice Helpline operates a phone-in helpdesk which is manned by professional and friendly staff, and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can phone it free of charge on 0800 689 0500 – or from your mobile 0333 500 0993 – for information and support at any time.

    What do specialist personal injury solicitors do?

    Solicitors gather the information required to support your compensation claim, including witness statements and medical reports. You may be asked to attend a medical assessment to determine the nature and severity of your injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    They then prepare your claim, which will give the reason that it is believed that the person you are claiming from was to blame for the accident. The claim will also detail your injuries, and any wages and other out-of-pocket expenses that you have lost as a result of the accident.

    This will be presented to the person who was at fault. The solicitor will then negotiate with that person or their insurance company.

    How much compensation will I receive?

    The amount of compensation varies from case to case, so it cannot be guaranteed. For minor injuries it might be in the hundreds of pounds, but for more severe injuries it could be several thousands of pounds. The amount depends not just on how severely you were injured but also on your own personal circumstances.

    The compensation will include amounts for:

    • Your pain and suffering
    • Any wages that you lost as a result of having had to take time off work as a result of the accident
    • Out-of-pocket expenses that you have incurred

    You do not have to use specialist personal injury solicitors to make your claim, but doing so will maximise your chances of receiving the full amount of compensation that you deserve following the accident.

    About Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline has many specialist personal injury solicitors and has been helping people make compensation claims for over ten years. All of the solicitors work on a no win, no fee basis. This means that whether you win or lose your case, you do not need to worry about unexpected legal bills.

    The company’s patron is UK consumer champion and TV celebrity, Esther Rantzen.

    Date Published: 23rd June 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.