Specialist injury solicitors in Farnham
If you have been injured in an accident that you can prove was the fault of someone else, you may need the services of specialist injury solicitors in Farnham to help you make a personal injury compensation claim. If you do, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice and help.
Tips for driving safely
Overtaking is one of the most dangerous manoeuvres you can attempt on the road; it puts you in the path of oncoming vehicles. If the vehicle in front does not see you then it could move into your path and cause an accident, or you could hit another vehicle or pedestrian that you cannot see past the car in front. Here are some tips on overtaking safely.
- Work out if you need to overtake. If you want to overtake because the car in front of you is travelling too slowly, work out whether you need to go faster than you already are. If you are close to turning off, or a safer spot to overtake, then it may be better to wait.
- Look ahead. Look at the road ahead of you to work out whether you can overtake. If there are other cars coming in your direction then it may not be safe to pull in front of them as you overtake. There may also be signs for no overtaking, and if you overtake at this point you could be breaking the law.
- Check your mirrors. If there is a car trying to overtake you then you may cause an accident if you try to overtake at the same time. You should also be aware of any motorcyclists or cyclists coming up behind you.
- Signal. Let the car in front of you know that you are going to overtake. Wait at least three seconds before you overtake after you have signalled your intent.
- Accelerate as you overtake. Once you have pulled out, accelerate so that you can get in front of the car in front as quickly as possible. The longer you are on the side of the car the more likely you are to have an accident.
Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now
To find specialist injury solicitors in Farnham, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now. Our phone lines are always open for your calls.
Call us from a landline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. To call us from a mobile, ring 0333 500 0993.
Alternatively, just send us the text message “claim365” to 88010 and we will call you to find out how we can help with your potential personal injury compensation claim.
Call or text us now for advice from our legal experts.