How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Specialist injury lawyers in West Midlands

    Specialist injury lawyers in West Midlands

    Many of us have heard about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, but do we know all we need to know to ensure our safety, and that of our families? If you have been affected by carbon monoxide, you might be entitled to make a compensation claim with specialist injury lawyers in West Midlands.

    What is carbon monoxide?

    Carbon monoxide is a gas which is produced as a by-product of the incomplete burning of certain fuels such as oil and gas.

    Carbon monoxide poisoning

    Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when the carbon monoxide gas is breathed into a person’s lungs. It goes into your bloodstream and inhibits oxygen from being carried around the body, which effectively leads to suffocation and, if not treated in time, death.

    As carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas it can be virtually undetectable (unless you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home or place of work), which adds to the dangerous nature.

    If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning, there’s a good chance that you will be able to make a compensation claim with specialist injury lawyers in West Midlands.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What can I make a compensation claim for?

    If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning within your home, you might be able to make a compensation claim. There are various appliances within the home that could produce carbon monoxide, for example boilers, heaters, cookers and even central heating systems.

    If these items have not been installed correctly, or if you are in rented accommodation and they have not been checked regularly and received a Landlord’s Certificate, then you might be able to make a compensation claim with specialist injury lawyers in West Midlands. This would be because the item or appliance which resulted in the leak of carbon monoxide was not appropriately dealt with, and therefore the incident which lead to your carbon monoxide poisoning would be the fault of someone else (e.g. the engineer who installed it in the first place, or the landlord who failed to ensure it was properly checked and maintained).

    The same is true if you are work. Your employer has a duty of care to ensure your safety at all times, even if you are in high-risk environments. For example, even if your employer is aware that you are going to be potentially exposed to carbon monoxide through the general course of your duties, they must ensure that you have the necessary personal protective equipment to keep you safe. If they do not provide this, or what they have provided you with is faulty, then they would be regarded as being negligent and therefore responsible for the incident and your injuries or any effect this had on you.

    How to make a claim

    You can contact Accident Advice Helpline today and we will be able to tell you the best way to start making your compensation claim. You can also take our 30-second test which will tell you how much your claim might be worth.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to start your claim.

    Date Published: 14th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.