When you need a specialist accident solicitors in West Midlands to deal with your claim, it’s because you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s actions.
Of course, other people’s behaviour can affect you anywhere, not least on the road. When the weather gets worse in autumn and winter, you have the driving conditions to worry about on top of the stylistic peculiarities of other drivers, which can make things even more hazardous.
How to stay safe driving in winter
There are plenty of things you can do to make sure you stay as safe as possible and reduce your risk of needing the services of specialist accident solicitors in West Midlands:
1) Don’t drink and drive. This goes for any time of the year. There is a legal limit, of course, but it’s best to avoid having any alcohol at all before you get behind the wheel.
2) Don’t drive if you’re tired. If you’re taking a long journey, make sure you have adequate rest before you set off.
3) Avoid driving at night. Driving at night is never advisable, but in winter, it can get extremely cold and icy at night. Could you make your journey during the day instead?
4) Check your lights regularly. They should always work, but you need them more than ever in winter, because of the reduced daylight. You might be driving to and from work in the dark. Make sure the lights are clean, too – cars get dirtier in winter.
5) Keep your windows clean. The windscreen, rear window and side windows all need to be clear, so make sure you wash them regularly. Keep the washer fluid bottle topped up at all times, too, and replace the wipers if required. They’ll be doing a lot of work.
6) Check the brakes and tyres. Replace tyres, discs and pads if necessary – and make sue tyres are replaced before the legal tread depth limit is reached.
Need specialist accident solicitors in West Midlands?
These tips may help you, but if someone who hasn’t paid attention to their own fitness to drive or their car’s roadworthiness comes into contact with you, you might need to contact an accident solicitor in West Midlands so that you can claim for a road traffic accident.
Call Accident Advice Helpline, who have a 24/7 hotline that’s always fully staffed by professional, friendly advisers. If you qualify to claim, they will take your details and pass them to one of our ‘no win, no fee*’ solicitors.
Our numbers are as follows:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010
We look forward to helping you with your claim. Before you call, why not take a look at our website, which has client testimonials and a video featuring Esther Rantzen?
Date Published: 3rd November 2014
Author: David Brown