Do you think about car safety before you go out? These days, we probably don’t tend to worry as much as we used to, because vehicles are far better equipped.
We have warning lights galore to tell us when something goes wrong – and when the car needs a service. We also have management systems (such as anti-lock braking and traction control) to keep the car on the straight and narrow, even when we might drive it inappropriately for the road conditions.
But people still make claims for accidents that happen on the road. Just ask a specialist accident lawyer in West Midlands and they will confirm this. In fact, as winter takes hold, they become accustomed to an increase in claims.
Winter driving checks
There are still some things that you need to check, even in a modern car – and, yes, even if it has its MoT. There’s even more need to make these checks in winter, because the driving conditions are so bad.
Any accident lawyer in West Midlands at Accident Advice Helpline would advise you to:
1) Check your fluid levels. Do you have sufficient oil, antifreeze and washer fluid? You will need it. Keep everything topped up and the car will run just fine.
2) Keep your lights clean – and check that all the bulbs work. With less daylight and reduced visibility, you need your lights in winter more than at any other time.
3) Check your tyres. If they’re low on tread, change them – even if you still have a bit to go before you reach the legal limit. Make sure your brakes work, too.
4) Clear the ice from the windows, so you can see through them. Use de-icing spray and a scraper, if needed. On the interior, use a demisting cloth and/or your air conditioning to remove the fog before you set off.
Contact a specialist accident lawyer in West Midlands
Of course, you may do all these checks as a matter of routine – but other drivers might not. It’s when you encounter one of these other drivers that problems can occur – because such drivers are the cause of accidents.
When this happens, once you’ve got yourself checked out by a doctor and dealt with the usual car insurance claim, why not call Accident Advice Helpline and make a claim against the other driver through a specialist accident lawyer in West Midlands?
If you win your case, you’ll get a payout. If you don’t win, you can take comfort from the fact that your lawyer will work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.
Call our hotline now on one of these numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from someone.
Our lines are open 24/7. If an adviser doesn’t answer, leave a message and you will get a call back as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.