Driving always has its dangers. These are magnified in winter, when the road conditions make things very difficult – there’s less light, for a start, and then there’s the cold weather to consider.
No wonder any specialist accident lawyer in West Lancashire will receive many claims arising from road accidents every time winter sets in.
If you’re injured in a road traffic accident in winter, and it is the result of another driver’s actions or negligence, you could claim compensation through a specialist accident lawyer in West Lancashire at Accident Advice Helpline.
What happens when you call for a specialist accident lawyer in West Lancashire
The first point of contact for you at Accident Advice Helpline will be one of our friendly, professional advisors. They will guide you through the claims process and treat you with empathy and sensitivity at all times.
If you’re eligible to claim, your details will be given to an accident lawyer in West Lancashire on our legal team. They will then get to work on your case, dealing with insurers and other agencies on your behalf. There’s usually no need for a court case, which should give you peace of mind.Open Claim Calculator
Some checks to make before you set off
Every journey will be more dangerous in winter – even a trip to the local supermarket. You should check your car regularly anyway, but especially in winter. Concentrate on these areas:
1) The lights. Are the bulbs all working? Are the lights clean? Be aware that spray from lorries and other cars can obscure your lights, so give them a wipe if needed.
2) The windows. Can you see through them all clearly? Not just the windscreen, either – all of the other windows should be clear. Don’t set off until the mist has gone from the inside and the ice has melted on the outside.
3) The fluids. Oil, antifreeze and washer fluid all need to be at the right levels, so perform regular checks. You’ll go through more washer fluid in winter, so keep stocked up.
4) The brakes and tyres. These are extremely important – the tyres are in contact with the road, and the brakes stop the wheels, so they need to be working very well indeed. Check the tread depth on the tyres and replace them before they’re down to the legal limit.
How to contact Accident Advice Helpline
We have a hotline that you can call whenever you like. Our numbers are:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
If you prefer, why not text “claim365” to 88010? Someone will call you back as soon as possible.
Give us a call if you need an accident lawyer in West Lancashire. Our hotline is open 24/7 – leave a message if you ring up and you don’t get an answer. We will get back to you.