How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    South Ribble car accident

    Whether you are interested in country walks through beautiful landscapes, art, history, or maybe local crafts, South Ribble has something to offer. There are parks, museums, craft centres, both indoor and outdoor markets and plenty of places to have something to eat and drink. It also has cinemas, a tennis centre, leisure and sports centres, and more than one golf course.

    There is certainly plenty to keep you occupied in South Ribble, but while you are travelling between all these attractions, you could be involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault. In this sort of situation you might want to call a South Ribble car accident solicitor to see if you can make a compensation claim.

    The criteria for using a South Ribble car accident solicitor

    It does not matter what type of accident you have been in, or what injuries you sustained, but to make a personal injury claim, there are certain rules you have to fit, which are:

    • The accident must have the the fault of someone else,
    • You must have sustained injuries in the accident,
    • Your injuries must have been severe enough to have needed medical attention,
    • The accident must have some time within the last three years.

    As with all rules there are exceptions, but only to the times limits. There are some circumstances where a 2 year limit applies, and in the case of industrial conditions it is three years from the date of diagnosis.  This can all be explained in more detail when you speak to a South Ribble car accident solicitor about your personal injury claim.

    The evidence for your claim

    Unless the guilty party admits they are fault, you are going to need evidence to back up you claim. This could be witness statements, photos of the accident scene, and if the police were called, a copy of the police report. They often apportion blame in these reports, so their evidence can be vital when making your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You will also need proof of your injuries in the form of medical reports from the doctor that treated you. It is not unusual for victims to be asked to attend a medical with a different doctor as well, but this can only speed up your claim. This medical will help assess the full extent of your injuries.

    You will also need recipes or credit card statements showing any expenses that have arisen because of the accident, as these are reclaimable. It is possible to claim for any lost income as well and payslips are an ideal way to prove this. If you do not have them, your employer will be asked to confirm how much you have lost, or your accountant if you are self employed.

    Making the claim

    The next stage is to contact Accident Advice Helpline, either through one of our online options, or by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500. You will be given all the help and advice you need about making claims, and you can be certain that after 14 years of specialising in claiming compensation, you case will be in safe hands.

    Date Published: 9th June 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.