How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    South Oxfordshire road traffic accidents

    Personal Injury Solicitors in South Oxfordshire

    It would be really good to say that no one is ever injured in South Oxfordshire road traffic accidents, but that would not be the truth. South Oxfordshire road traffic accidents are just a few of the 3 million accidents that happen every year in Britain and injuries occur in many of them.

    The innocent victims of South Oxfordshire road traffic accidents and the law

    Many of the accidents will have victims who were not at fault, injured because of someone else. It is actually UK law that states if you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, the guilty party should compensate you. The government knows that no amount of money can make up for losing a limb, being badly scarred, sustaining a brain injury or being injured in any other way, but it hopes that the compensation will make life a little easier for the victim and their family by helping with all the extra costs that arise because of accidents.

    The different types of compensation you can claim for South Oxfordshire road traffic accidents

    Compensation is made up of two different types – general compensation and special compensation.

    General compensation is the amount you are awarded for your injuries. This would take into account the severity of the injuries, your recovery time, if you recover from them and how they have affected your life. There are some injuries that will alter your lifestyle totally, and this needs to be accounted for when you are making your personal injury claim.

    Special compensation is the compensation that repays all the costs and losses that have arisen because of the accident. This could be:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Lost earnings if you work. Whether you work for someone else or work for yourself, the recovery time needed could mean you having to lose time from work and having your income reduced. If you are never able to return to work, then future loss of earnings can be claimed for as well.
    • Medical expenses. This could be just a few extra charges for medications, but it could also be for private medical treatment if what you need is not available from the NHS.
    • Travel costs. If your injury means you cannot drive, you may have to use taxis to and from medical appointments.
    • Childcare. It could be that while you are recovering you need help to care for the children. It might just be help with the school runs you need, or it could be full time help, particularly if the children are very young.
    • Care costs. It is surprising how miserable it can make you feel when you realise an injury stops you doing everyday tasks for yourself and you could need help with simple things like getting dressed or taking a shower

    These are just five examples of the costs and losses that can arise because of an accident, there are many more which are all reclaimable, as long of you have proof of them.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need to make a personal injury claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the specialists for compensation claims on 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: 19th August 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.