Bacteria infestation is the usual cause of food poisoning, although sometimes viruses can do the same thing. Anywhere that sells or serves food to consumers should take every precaution possible to avoid this happening, or they might find they have to face a South Kesteven no win no fee accident claim.
The precautions that will help reduce the risk of facing a South Kesteven no win no fee accident claim
There are many ways food outlets can take care of the food they are serving to customers, a few of them being:
- Make sure the kitchen area is clean at all times
- Do not let rubbish pile up on work surfaces
- Clean utensils every time you switch from one food to another
- Washing hands regularly is important, and do not let anyone in the kitchen that is ill
- Store food at the correct temperatures
- Make sure any frozen food not used is discarded, never refreeze it
- Make sure food is properly cooked
- Do not keep cooked foods at warm temperatures for prolonged periods
- Do not use food that is past its use by date
- Make sure foods that are served fresh, such as salads and fruits, are thoroughly cleaned before serving
Hygiene is an important part of keeping the food bacteria free, so cleanliness at all times is a must.
The effects of food poisoning
You will soon know if you have food poisoning because within a few hours of eating the infested food you will start to feel really ill. You will have stomach cramps, be vomiting, and not be able to move away from your toilet for long. It is really important that you have plenty of sips of water to help keep you hydrated, but if this carries on for more than 48 hours, you need to see a doctor without delay.
Most people will recover from it without medical intervention, but at its worst, food poisoning can cause permanent damage to the central nervous system, and in some cases can kill.
Making a South Kesteven, no win no fee accident claim for food poisoning
One of the first things you should do as you start to recover, is to report your case of food poisoning to the Food Standards Agency (FSA), as they will trace the exact source and put a stop to it.
Then you should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to talk about making your personal injury claim. If someone has made you feel this ill, they should be made to pay for the suffering you have been through, as well as for any extra expenses that you may have incurred. Loss of earnings can also be reclaimed as part of a successful claim, and at Accident Advice Helpline we will make sure everything is accounted for.
Getting in touch with us is easy, you can complete one of our online options, or call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500. Which way you choose, you will soon know that you have made the right choice in Accident Advice Helpline.
Date Published: 5th November 2014