How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    South Bucks law firm

    South Bucks law firm

    Can you make a claim for food poisoning with a South Bucks law firm?

    When people make a personal injury claim, it’s often because they’ve been affected by an accident of some kind. Whilst it’s possible to make these types of claims, there are other situations in which it’s appropriate to make a claim for injury compensation.

    If you’ve contracted food poisoning, a South Bucks law firm may be able to help you to take action against the person or company responsible. If you’ve become unwell after eating in a restaurant, for example, they could be held liable for your pain and suffering.

    Did you receive medical care?

    In order to make any type of personal injury claim, you’ll need to be able to prove that you obtained medical treatment for your injuries. Whilst a life-threatening accident may warrant emergency treatment, such as surgery or sedation, any type of medical treatment can satisfy the requirements of making a claim for compensation.

    As food poisoning can have serious complications, it’s always important to access medical help if you suspect that you’ve contracted it. You may also need to contact your local council so that they are able to take steps to minimise the risk of other people falling ill as well.

    Fortunately, your medical records will detail the care you received and your illness or injury so this part of your claim should be easy to prove.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In addition to this, you will need to prove that you weren’t at fault and that you became ill because of someone else. If the cause of the food poisoning is found to be a restaurant, take-away shop or a supermarket, you should be able to take action against them.

    Most claimants are subject to a 3 year time limit when making a personal injury claim. It’s important to know how long you’ve got to make a claim because you could miss out on your chance to obtain compensation if you want too long to take action.

    Funding your claim with Accident Advice Helpline

    If you want to take action but you’re concerned about the cost of working with a South Bucks law firm, we can help. At Accident Advice Helpline we work with all our claimants on a no-win, no-fee basis so there will be no upfront fees to pay when making a claim.

    If you’re keen to find out more about the help a South Bucks law firm could offer, why not contact us today? Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll do everything we can to assist you with your claim.

    Date Published: 14th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.