Somerset road traffic accidents can happen in any part of the beautiful county of Somerset and they do all the time. There are many reasons why accidents happen on our roads, just some of them being:
- Vehicles exceeding speed limits – the faster vehicles are going when they collide, the worse the accident will be. No matter how good the driver of a fast car is, he has no control over other road users and really should stick to the speed limit of the road he is on.
- Not concentrating – this causes many Somerset road traffic accidents. Drivers can be distracted, or try to do something while they are driving, maybe texting on their mobile phone. It only needs a few seconds of a driver looking the wrong way for an accident to happen.
- Pedestrians and animals – many drivers have had to swerve to miss a child or a dog wandering into the road, and in trying to avoid them, they can easily hit another vehicle.
- Potholes and bad road surfaces – not such a big problem for cars and lorries, or even buses, but if you are riding a cycle or motorbike the results of being thrown from your bike by a pothole can be catastrophic.
- Vehicle doors being opened – it is surprising how many drivers park their cars on the roadside, and then without looking if there is any traffic coming, open their door to get out. Hitting another car with your door will probably only cause damage to the vehicles, but if you hit someone on a cycle or motorbike with your car door, they could be very seriously injured.
- Disregarding traffic lights – traffic lights are there to keep the roads running smoothly, to give everyone their chance of getting through. But at some time most of us will have seen a driver totally disregard them, or try to get across them before they change, and serious Somerset road traffic accidents can be the result of such careless driving.
Claiming after Somerset road traffic accidents
If you are injured in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to claim compensation from whoever was at fault. This is a legal right, providing your injuries warranted medical treatment, and the accident happened within the last three years.
The prospect of making a claim can be stressful for innocent victims, most of whom it will be for the first time. If they approach Accident Advice Helpline for assistance, we will make sure that their claim is as simple as possible, we will handle it quickly and efficiently, taking all the stress off their shoulders.
We do not even want them to worry about financing their claim, as we work on the no win no fee* basis. This means that no money is needed for their claim to be started and no money is needed if their claim is lost.
Contact us through our website or via our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, and you will get the highest quality service when you use us to make your personal injury claim.