Being involved in a car accident can be a very traumatic experience and if you suffer injuries as well that need medical treatment, then this can make the situation a lot worse. As long as you were not at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, by using the Somerset car accident lawyers from Accident Advice Helpline.
One of the most common causes of a car accident is lack of concentration creating driver error – drivers do the most stupid of things when they should be concentrating on the road. If you are involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to use the services of the Somerset car accident solicitors from Accident Advice Helpline; they won’t act stupid at all.
The criteria for making an injury claim using the Somerset car accident lawyers
The rules that you need to fit to make any type of personal injury claim are:
- The accident should have occurred within the last three years
- It should have been caused through someone else’s fault or negligence
- The injuries you sustained should have needed medical attention.
UK law says that fitting these rules entitles you to compensation from the guilty party for the suffering they have caused you to endure.
The injuries you may be telling to Somerset car accident solicitors
The injuries sustained in car accidents vary greatly, but could include:
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
Some of these injuries can be life changing, and you could need your compensation to be able to cope with the alterations to your life style.
There is more to claim for than pain and suffering
There are other things that you could claim for in your personal injury claim, as an injury has an impact on your life, for instance any expenses you have had to pay out should be recouped. Such things as:
- Loss of earnings, past and future
- Extra medical expenses, such as prescriptions and private medical treatment
- Travel costs to and from medical appointments
- Care costs if you are no longer able to look after yourself
- Home adaption or home moving costs if necessary
- Costs of work you would have done yourself at home such as DIY
- Childcare costs
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident and injuries sustained
Getting help from the experts
Accident Advice Helpline has been assisting claimants get the compensation they deserve for over 14 years. We have helped many thousands already get what they were entitled to, and we still get over 25,000 enquiries a month.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will let you know if you qualify to make a claim. If you do, it will give you a rough idea of the amount you may receive. Or you can call our advisors on 0800 180 4123. You will find them to be friendly and helpful, ready to talk through your problems and help you start your claim.
Date Published: 9th June 2014