You may have a difficult time finding personal injury solicitors in Witney, but these days lawyers can correspond with clients purely by telephone, email, and post – which is exactly how it works at Accident Advice Helpline. Furthermore, choosing a national firm could be advantageous for many reasons.
Why choose Accident Advice Helpline instead of local solicitors in Witney?
- Our firm only works on personal injury cases, and therefore is highly specialised;
- We have clients all over the country, which has increased our expertise;
- Unlike solicitors in Witney, we are able to staff our helpline 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you don’t need to take time off work to contact us; and
- Unlike many small local firms, we work on a 100% no win no fee basis for your peace of mind.
How do I know if I have a valid claim?
- The accident must not have been wholly your fault;
- You must have suffered, or expect to suffer, a loss or injury because of it; and
- The accident must have happened within the past three years (unless it involves industrial disease or the victim was a minor).
What does making a claim involve?
- Check if you have a valid claim with our convenient 30-second online test, or by calling us;
- Start your claim with us via a friendly advisor; and
- Your appointed legal advisor will be in touch to inform you of the case’s progress, and you can call at any time for an update.
What can I claim?
- General damages: this is a sum representing the pain and suffering caused by the accident;
- Special damages: if you work, these may be available for lost earnings or expenses; and
- Future damages: these concern losses you may incur in the future for reasons connected to your accident (and can include lost pension benefits).
Is there anything else I should know about Accident Advice Helpline?
- Our patron is consumer champion and TV personality Esther Rantzen;
- We are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Lexcel, the practice management standard of the Law Society;
- You can speak to us confidentially and with no obligation to proceed; and
- Our helpline is a freephone number.
If you want to discuss your claim in more detail with an adviser then dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 16th July 2014
Author: Jan Newell