Hundreds of thousands of road traffic accidents occur in Great Britain each year. Fortunately, most of them only involve vehicle damage. As specialist solicitors, Accident Advice Helpline have provided a professional service to many people who have suffered from personal injuries due to car accidents. If you happen to be involved in a road traffic accident in Winteringham, there are certain steps you should take to ensure your safety:
- Stop: Never drive away from the scene of an accident, even if you think your accident was only minor.
- Protect the scene: Prevent further accidents by switching your hazard lights on.
- Call 999: If you have sustained serious injuries, call 999 and ask for emergency assistance.
- Be cautious: Seek medical attention, even if you feel fine. The pain of a road traffic accident injury may only become apparent once you have recovered from the initial shock of your accident.
- Make an accurate record of your accident: Grab a pen and paper and note down the events leading up to your accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene: If you happen to have a camera to hand, take detailed photographs of the accident scene, including any damaged vehicles and any visible injuries you have sustained.
- Exchange information: You should obtain the names and contact details of everyone involved in the accident, including drivers, passengers, and bystanders. You should also ask for the insurance details of the drivers involved.
- Protect your legal rights: Call Accident Advice Helpline and consult with our 100% no-win, no-fee solicitors. Alternatively, use our 30-second test. We will be able to provide you with extensive legal guidance, ensuring that you do not jeopardise your chance of winning compensation from the guilty party.
- Notify your insurance company: After you have spoken to our solicitors, it is important to inform your insurance provider. If you fail to do so, you may invalidate your policy.
- File all correspondence relating to your accident: You should retain any information relating to the accident and the injuries you have sustained.
Looking for solicitors in Winteringham?
Let us be your injury solicitors in Winteringham, as we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Winteringham look no further than our expert service.
At Accident Advice Helpline, our personal injury solicitors can provide you with extensive legal advice and support. Please call our helpline by dialling 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or use our 30-second test, and we will be pleased to match you up with an experienced in-house accident solicitor without delay.