Although you may not like to dwell on it, accidents can and do happen. While you cannot stop accidents from happening, you can ensure that you exercise your right to claim compensation from the person or organisation at fault.
In addition to claiming compensation for your personal injuries, you will be entitled to recover the cost of your financial losses and expenses, including your lost earnings, medical expenses, and any nursing care costs.
The compensation claims process
There are three main elements to a claim for compensation:
- You must show that the person or organisation at fault owed you a duty of care;
- You must demonstrate that the person or organisation in question breached their duty of care, and as a result was at least partly to blame for your accident; and
- You must prove that you sustained personal injuries and/or financial losses as a direct result of your accident.
To succeed in obtaining compensation, you will need to work with a team of solicitors to gather and submit evidence which proves your allegations.
Looking for specialist solicitors in Windlesham?
At Accident Advice Helpline, our specialist solicitors can help you to achieve the best possible outcome for your personal injury claim. When you hire our legal team, you can rest assured that they will:
- Use their past experiences to create a successful claims strategy;
- Help you to gather the evidence you need to provide you prove your allegations;
- Use a wide range of methods and tactics to speed up the resolution of your case, without jeopardising the value of your compensation settlement;
- Accurately estimate the compensation settlement you are due to receive from the guilty party; and
- Ensure that you receive a compensation settlement which adequately reflects your financial losses.
Throughout the course of your claim, our accident solicitors will keep a close eye on your progress and develop a unique understanding of the difficulties you are facing. If your injuries are complex and/or severe, they will create a comprehensive claim which covers the cost of all your current and future treatment costs, enabling you to take advantage of the best possible medical care and rehabilitation for as long as you require it.
Contacting Accident Advice Helpline
If you are in need of specialist representation, please do not hesitate to contact our solicitors today. Simply call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or use our 30-second test, and give your personal injury claim the best chance of success.
Date Published: 27th June 2014
Author: Jan Newell