Cycling is a fantastic form of exercise, but also not without its risks.
Uncontrollable hazards, such as bad weather conditions, potholes, dangerous animals and careless drivers, can all increase your risk of falling victim to an accident on the roads.
Staying safe while cycling on the roads
Staying alert, riding carefully and obeying traffic laws are all very important when you are trying to stay safe while cycling on the roads, but here are some additional things for you to consider:
Before you set off:
- Keep your bike in good working order
- Always use your lights when cycling at night
- Invest in a decent helmet – it could save your life
While cycling on the roads:Open Claim Calculator
- Ride defensively – expect the unexpected from your fellow road users
- Use clear hand signals to make other road users aware of your intentions
- Provide large vehicles with plenty of room
- Make eye contact with your fellow road users before making manoeuvres
What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident, you should follow these five simple steps:
- Take down the contact details of any witnesses to your accident
- Exchange contact details, vehicle registration numbers and insurance details with everyone involved
- Use your camera phone to take photographs of the accident scene
- Seek medical attention
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline and let our solicitors in Winchelsea provide you with advice on your legal rights
Claiming compensation through our cycling accident solicitors in Winchelsea
Following falling victim to an accident on the roads, you must work with our specialist team of personal injury solicitors in Winchelsea to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
To make the best possible case for compensation, please call our freephone helpline and talk to one of our trained claims advisers today.
If after taking down the details of your accident, we believe you have a strong case for compensation, we will assign your case to our team of experienced solicitors in Winchelsea.
Working for you on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, they will use their expert knowledge to ensure that you receive the maximum possible compensation settlement for the physical, and or psychological financial harm you have been unlucky enough to endure.
Call our team now on: 0800 689 0500 to begin the process today!