Although we all like to think that school grounds are safe environments, they are unfortunately the same as any other work place. There is always the potential for injury to occur. This could be to staff, visitors, or even the children that are being educated within the grounds.
If you have been affected by an accident which was not your fault, and were injured as a result, you may wish to speak to one of our solicitors in Western Isles to find out if you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Types of Accidents
Accidents can and do happen anywhere, and a school is not immune from this. The type of accidents that can happen on school grounds are varied but include:
- Slips and trips either within school buildings or on the school grounds such as pathways, playgrounds and car parks.
- Falls from height, including falling down stairs or falling from ladders, stages or balconies.
- Injury caused as a result of defective or faulty equipment, including furniture such as chairs and desks.
- Industrial diseases such as caused by exposure to chemicals or asbestos.
- Manual lifting injuries such as pulled backs, muscles and hernias.
- Sporting accidents, often caused as a result of poor supervision or training.
- Food poisoning either in the school canteen or on school trips.
No matter what the situation, if you think the injury you have sustained was caused through no fault of your own, then our solicitors in Western Isles will be able to work with you to get the financial compensation that you deserve.
How to contact our solicitors in Western Isles
If you would like to find out more about making a claim for compensation, one of the first steps you should take is to find out if you are eligible to make a claim.
There are strict legal criteria that have to be met, and to ascertain if you meet these, you can take Accident Advice Helpline’s 30 second test today. The test is quick and simple to use, as well as free. We can tell you immediately if you qualify for our solicitors in Western Isles help, and we can also give you a rough indication of how much compensation you may be awarded if your case is a success.
Once you know that you are entitled to make a claim, you can get in touch with us on our free phone helpline. Our advisors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will be happy to answer any questions you may have as well as providing you with free, no obligation advice.
We can then put you in touch with one of our expert solicitors in Western Isles who will work directly with you throughout your case to try and secure you the compensation and justice that you deserve.
You only have three years to make a claim, so contact us today to find out more, before it’s too late!
Date Published: 10th May 2014
Author: David Brown
Accident at Work stats for Western Isles
|Non Fatal Injuries||23||37||32|