Solicitors in Lytchett Minster


Thankfully, in today’s world you can make a criminal injury compensation claim for a violent crime, and the solicitors in Lytchett Minster at Accident Advice Helpline are here to make the whole process simple and fast and to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) and the solicitors in Lytchett Minster

The people who administer the criminal injury scheme is the CICA. The scheme is there for innocent victims of violent crimes to claim compensation.  For the victims of these crimes damages are paid, providing that they fit with the criteria that is set. It may be easier if you use the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to help you to make your claim.

You need to comply with the CICA rules and using the solicitors in Lytchett Minster

There are a few rules that you must be able to fit in order to to make a criminal injury compensation claim, they are:

  • The incident must have been reported to the police
  • You must have helped the police with their enquiries
  • You must have received medical attention for your injuries
  • You must have exhausted all other avenues of receiving compensation
  • The crime must have happened within the last two years, unless you were under 18 at the time when special rules apply
  • You must have been a blameless victim of the crime

There are also nationality rules for making a claim

Criminal Injury Law also states that you have to meet certain residency or nationality requirements at the time of the incident. You should be a British citizen or:

  • Be a national of a member state of the European Economic Area (or a family member of an EEA national who has a right to be in the UK)
  • Be a member of HM armed forces or an accompanying close relative of a member of HM armed forces.
  • A close relative of a British Citizen
  • Be a national of a member state of the European Union (or a family member of an EU national who has the right to be in the UK)

You need to consider the things that might exclude you when you want to make your claim, such as:

  • If you did not report the incident to the police
  • If you have already applied for compensation for this particular injury through this or any other scheme
  • If the injury happened after 1st October 1979 and you have continued to live with the person who caused the injury

Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with injure claims from accidents and crimes for over 14 years. Our service is quick and efficient and our advisers are highly trained professionals, who are compassionate and will guide you through the processes.

You can contact them on our freephone number: 0800 689 0500

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )